Splash & Dash Updates
**May 20 Update - We are awaiting for the local and state governments to allow events/groups to resume in Central Florida. In the meantime, we are not pestering for permission to host these events. We are encouraging you to participate in our virtual race series. When parks and beaches are reopen...we will be having meetings to make plans for a Splash & Dash series in the Summer/Fall. You can expect an update from us before this happens with our new safety protocol and social distancing rules. Thank you for your patience.
The April 8th, May 6th and June 3rd Splash & Dash are CANCELLED/POSTPONED.
The March 11th event was a "Dash Only" due to the algae bloom in Lake Minneola. We will transfer ALL March 11th registrations to any future 2020 event when they resume. All participants will receive an email when we have more information.
We will apply for replacement/additional dates in May/June/July when possible. The website will be updated accordingly.
400m or 800m swim
5k run (2 x 2.5k loops)
- Participants can choose to complete the 400m swim loop once or twice (35 min cut off time).
- Participants can choose to complete the 2.5k run loop once or twice (90 minute total cut off time).
- $15 early registration per event.
- $20 race-day registration. Must have USAT membership card!
- Pre-Register for all 4 events for $55!
200m swim (parallel to shore)
2k run (2 x 1k loops)
- 200m swim is in shallow water parallel to shore.
- The run is 2 loops, out and back on the paved trail, with runners passing the aid station at half-way.
- $10 early registration per event.
- $15 race-day registration. Must have USAT membership card.
- Pre-Register for all 4 events for $35!
Splash & Dash Event & Clinic Schedule:
5:30-6:20pm – Registration, check-in, set-up your gear
6:20-6:30pm – welcome remarks, instructions, Q & A
6:30pm – Youth waves start the short course (200 meter swim & 2-loop, 2k run on the trail)
6:40pm – Adult waves start the long course (400 meter swim course, complete it 1-4 times & a 2-loop, 5k run on the trail)
- 3 certified lifeguards on the swim course plus additional volunteers
- entire run on a non-motorized paved path
- water station at the start/end of each loop
- cookies & fruit for all participants & volunteers
7:30pm – educational seminar of various topics & guest speakers (USAT Certified Coaches, local elite athletes, nutritionists, etc). **Will be held a the main pavilion where registration occurred.