Are you ready to Try a Triathlon?
A Sprint Triathlon is the perfect place to start your triathlon journey. You don’t need any fancy equipment, you can find a race in your hometown, and you can be ready with just 8 weeks of training.
A Sprint Triathlon consists of:
- 400 meters of open water swimming
- 10-15 miles of road cycling
- and finishes with a 5k run/walk
And we are 100% confident that YOU can do it all!
Join one of the upcoming SLAP Try-A-Tri programs to be partnered with a USA Triathlon Certified Coach for 8 weeks of group training, mentoring, coaching, friendship, fun, and fitness.
The program will prepare you to successfully participate in a local sprint triathlon event with your training group (we encourage friends and family to sign up together for accountability and encouragement).
2021 Program #2
Training Start Date – TBD
Race Date – TBD
Register here ($375):
No matter what level athlete you are (and maybe you don’t consider yourself an athlete yet)…you CAN complete a triathlon in 8 weeks with the coaching, encouragement, and guidance offered by the SLAP Coaches!
Frequently asked questions
This program is a perfect way for first-time, novice athletes to get involved in the sport of triathlon. We help with everything…from the training, to the gear, to the nutrition, to the rules, and so much more!
But, if you’ve already done a triathlon or two, this program can help make your next race smoother, faster, and more fun! You’ll learn a new skill or technique each week…and you’ll be racing like a pro!
The program fee includes 8 weeks of coaching from an encouraging and inspiring SLAP Coach. Your coach will arrange in-person training sessions, send you workouts to complete on your own, be available to answer all your questions, and help keep you motivated along the way.
Also included is:
- one SLAP swim stroke technique clinic (scheduled at the beginning off each program).
- 2+ weekly in-person coaching sessions with your SLAP Coach.
- 2 months of SLAP swim practice so that you can attend group training with other #SLAPPERS.
- a SLAP Tri Team hat or visor from Wheel Works.
- a discount code to register for the upcoming race